For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)
There was no room for Him in the Inn, will you make room for Christ in your heart this Advent Season?
It certainly is a busy yet joyful time of year! We’re sure its tough to keep it all straight in your head, so here’s a handy list of events for the month to help you out.
Christmas Worship – Satisfied in God
- Fri, Dec. 8th: Christmas Concert 7:30 PM
- Cookies and brownies are needed for the reception immediately following the concert.
- Sun, Dec. 24th:
- 11 AM – 1 Sunday Morning Worship Service
- 6 PM – Candlelight Christmas Eve Service
Christmas Parties – Loving One Another
- Fri, Dec. 8th:
- Senior’s Christmas Dinner, 4:30 PM
- Christmas Concert & Reception, 7:30 PM
- Tues, 12/12
- Women’s Party, 6:30 PM at Church
- Sat, 12/16
- Wed, 12/20
- Young Adult Party 7 PM Bayside Dinner & Scavenger Hunt!
Christmas Outreaches – Doing Good in the World
- 12/16 Christmas Party at Eastside Active Living Center
- Bring in gifts by 12/12 (calendars, puzzle books, cards, nail clippers, nail files, lotion)
- Children will dress up, sing songs, and distribute gifts
- 12/17 Caroling to our Homebound
- Meet for lunch in Fellowship Hall after 11 am Service
- Then we’ll head over to our homebound around Hollywood.
- 12/17 Angel Tree (Table) Gifts due
- Suggested Gift Amount: $20-$25
- Be sure to attach your TREE gift tag to it identifying which gift it is